Friday, November 10, 2006

Descriptive writing put to the test via videoconference!

Two second grade classes:
Somers Elementary and McKinley Elementary

Two innovative teachers:
Judy Schantek (Somers) and Kerri Boyle (McKinley) that have never used videoconferncing in their classrooms before

One great idea:
Pair up penpals between schools, exchange letters describing themselves and form student "lineups" at one school while a
student at the other school guesses their penpal based on their description. Students at Somers were placed in front of
the camera in groups of four while the student at McKinley determined who their penpal was based on the letter they
received. Is it a boy? Do they have red hair? Is he short or tall?


Writing Sample:
"Dear Charlie, I have brown eyes and brown hair. I am a boy. I am missing one tooth and I lost the tooth like 2 years ago and the tooth has not come in yet. I do not have glasses and I have a round face. I do not have freckles."

What an amazing experience! I literally had goose bumps watching these students use deductive reasoning while using technology seamlessly. These teachers took a traditional, relatively simple concept and adapted it to align with 21st century learning needs. Best practice in action!

Interested in trying it with your students? Email Joan Roehre and I'll match you up!

Comments:
Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.
 
Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here kusdevcopps.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research displays that nearly 60% of all USA adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.
 
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!



My blog - experienced
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?